Now marks the perfect time to develop some marketing strategies that align with this time of year. Consumers will most likely be focused on making lifestyle changes, setting goals, saving money, and getting healthy.
Turn your restaurant into an atmosphere and environment that supports “resolution-ers”. Here are some easy ways to create new customers, while simultaneously urging your current clientele to keep returning to your door as the New Year’s hype begins.
- Put a new, healthy twist on your menu: Offer leaner cuts of meats with grilling and broiling options, substitute brown rice instead of white, and prepare cocktails and beverages with sugar free syrups or all-natural juices.
- Offer a gluten-free menu: In addition to the consumers who are gluten free due to dietary restrictions and health reasons, many choose to eliminate gluten in the New Year to align with weight loss, and new lifestyle choices. Advertising a new gluten-free menu can give guests peace of mind in knowing they can dine out stress free, without having to worry about whether or not there is gluten in one of your dishes.
- Display the calorie count for your dishes on your menu: Many guests will be using apps to track calories such as My Fitness Pal to reach their weight loss and health related goals. Set them up for success without them having to sacrifice eating out at your restaurant- so they can still enjoy the experience while staying on track.
- Add symbols or icons to your menu to showcase healthier options: Placing symbols indicating which dishes are Grilled, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, or Sugar-Free to name a few, is an easy way to visually show guests which options are healthier, without having to add a lengthy description to your menu.
- Offer “half portions” on your menu: Many consumers don’t want to be tempted to overeat in the New Year. Give guests the option of ordering some of your most popular dishes in half the size- so they can still indulge, but with half the guilt.
- Digitize your Brand: The 2017 Restaurant Technology report states that 57% of consumers now order online. If you haven’t already implemented online ordering, a mobile app, and a loyalty program, you could be missing out on some serious revenue! Provide your guests with the convenience they crave.
- Use new, fresh photos to attract consumers: Take photos of some of your healthier menu options and begin circulating them on your social media platforms. We live in a digital age, where consumers mindlessly scroll through social media until something catches their eye. Nothing brings “resolution-ers” through your doors like a delicious looking, healthy meal!
Implement some of these easy tips, and set your restaurant up for success in the New Year!