The holidays are just around the corner!
While the hustle bustle of the holidays can sometimes be stressful and overwhelming, from a business perspective it’s the perfect time of year to establish a promotional marketing strategy to increase your restaurant’s sales! It’s time to increase the number of new customers that visit your restaurant, increase the frequency of your existing customers, and create some new brand awareness.
After all, consumers are already in the holiday spirit.
Here are some effective, and fun ways to increase your sales during this holiday season:
- Put a seasonal twist on your menu: This is the perfect time of year to be creative! Offer a new seasonal treat for customers to enjoy in between holiday shopping- Peppermint Hot Chocolate, Gingerbread French Toast, or a Cranberry-Pomegranate Margarita will draw customers you’re your restaurant, increase your check average, and delight your guests.
- Advertise with nearby stores: Circulating your menu, specials or discounts in front of nearby stores is an excellent and easy way to catch the attention of hungry shoppers. Consider passing out flyers that contain a coupon, and be sure to advertise your specials as well.
- Take advantage of social media: The holiday season is the perfect time to advertise and promote your restaurant on social media. Consider running a targeted ad campaign on your social media platforms to inform patrons and shoppers about your holiday specials.
- Increase the speed of flow and turnover: Does it make sense to hire additional seasonal help for your restaurant? Maybe an extra server or bartender? Perhaps implementing additional technology, like a kiosk, tablet for mobile ordering, or a pay at table device? Would offering online ordering paired with an “express” cashier lane make sense for your establishment?
- Free Samples: Consider passing out bite sized samples of appetizers, or your popular dishes while guests are waiting in line, or are waiting to be seated. This is the perfect opportunity to upsell customers before they have even ordered.
- Offer gift cards with a kickback: Everyone loves a good deal! The holidays are the perfect time to promote gift cards with the added bonus of a little “something extra” for the buyer too. Think about giving guests a free dessert or appetizer voucher with their purchase of a gift card. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
- Decorate to Impress: Make the most of your space and turn your restaurant into a festive atmosphere. This again puts consumers in the holiday spirit and encourages them to try your seasonal menu offerings and take advantage of specials and other promotions. Nothing says, “warm up with our Peppermint Hot Chocolate” like a cozy fireplace, dim lighting and holiday decorations.
Don’t let the holiday season get the best of you this year! Set your restaurant up for success with these tips!